The April reviews increased slightly compared to those in March. Here are a list of movies I saw in April and their ratings (out of 10).

AmbuLAnce (4 out of 10; Starring Jake Gyllenhaal, Yahya Abdul-Mateen II and Eiza Gonzalez; Directed by Michael Bay)

While certainly not his worst film (I’m looking at you Transformers: The Last Knight), this movie makes the ultimate Michael Bay sin: it’s boring. There are a lot of things people can say about Michael Bay, but him being boring is not one of them. While there are a couple decent action scenes, there aren’t any to make up for the bad story.

Everything Everywhere All at Once (7.5 out of 10; Starring Michelle Yeoh, Stephanie Hsu, Ke Huy Quan; Directed by Dan Kwan and Daniel Scheinert)

Easily one of the most mind-bending of a film I’ve seen in a long time. This film has just about everything to keep you entertained throughout its (sometimes a little too long) runtime. The visuals are absolutely stunning and used well. Probably the biggest issue I have with the film is that it’s just a little too start and stop when it comes to its pacing.

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore (6.5 out of 10; Starring Eddie Redmayne, Jude Law, Mads Mikkelson; Directed by David Yates)

The biggest issue with this franchise is it doesn’t know what it wants to be: either a “Fantastic Beasts” movie or a Dumbledore prequel story. And it doesn’t do either of them well in this film. The story is okay and the visuals are decent but I think it’s time that the series take a break.

Overall, I’d say the April reviews were slightly disappointing, with Everything Everywhere All at Once being the only movie I’d say I “liked.”