Meet Caitlyn

Caitlyn's Graduate Picture 2020

Hi there! My name is Caitlyn! I am currently pursuing my master’s degree at the University of Tennessee Knoxville in the College of Communication and Information. My bachelor’s degree is also from the University of Tennessee Knoxville. I majored in Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Management and received minors in English and Business Administration.

I currently work at the Graduate Knoxville as a Culture Champion. We are a full-service hotel located on Cumberland Ave. right next to the university. As a Culture Champion, I handle hire and train employees as well as plan events throughout the year to maintain engagement in the team and promote the company’s brand. I have had the opportunity to learn even more about the Knoxville area and the university simply through looking for local experiences we can provide our staff. My job has made me a proud Knoxville resident and an even prouder Vol.
When I am not working or in school, I love spending time with my 11-month-old Miniature Schnauzer/Pit Bull Mix, Bastian. We love exploring pet-friendly patios or hiking the trails at Ijams Nature Center. We regularly attend training at the K-9 Center of East Tennessee so Bastian can learn to be a well-behaved companion. He has also recently began learning agility and dock diving. He’s a little nervous starting out but I am excited to see his confidence grow.

Some additional things I enjoy are:

• Hiking
  • Camping
  • Reading
  • Marvel Movies

In the future, I would love to pursue a career in Brand Marketing or Community Management in the film or tech industry. I enjoy building brands and finding ways to connect them with the community through engagement and development. I hope to continue traveling the country and eventually move out of Tennessee to New Orleans after graduating with my Master’s Degree.

Learn more about our other two group members Jennifer and Laken here!